Welcome to CashInCache, the blog designed to help Cache Valley locals save money!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Toy Story and Toy Story 2 deals

As I was checking out of Smith's today, I spotted a sign indicating you can save $10 instantly when you purchase both the Toy Story and Toy Story 2 Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs.

Now, my husband and I had talked about it, and we decided we wouldn't be purchasing these, since we already have them on DVD. We recently got a Blu-Ray player (We didn't pay anything for it! We used our credit card reward points to get it!), so it would be, well, I guess "fun" to have them, but not necessary. However, I had already printed off coupons for $10 off each video. So factoring in the $10 instant savings, and the 2 $10 printable coupons, I'd be saving $30! They were priced at $25.99 each, so just $10.99 each after all discounts and coupons. PLUS, a movie theater ticket worth $8.50 to Toy Story 3 is enclosed in each video!

Toys 'R Us is also having a super sale on these at $21.99 each, plus $10 instant savings when you purchase both (then use the coupon to get them for $6.99), but I've tried to price match Target at our Wal-Mart before, and they said they wouldn't do it since there's no Target in Logan. I figured it would be the same story with Toys 'R Us, but I haven't tried it. You could possibly take in a print out of the deal on their website, and see if it works. If it does, let us know!

To get the $10 off coupons, go to Disney Movie Rewards and log in or register for a new account. Then enter this code 786936294507 in the orange box that says “Enter Code” in the middle of the right side of the page. You will then be able to click on a link to print a coupon valid for $10 off Toy Story Blu-ray / DVD Combo pack. After printing that coupon (if you need two of the movies, you should be able to print twice by hitting you browser back button), enter this code 786936294521 to print a coupon valid for $10 off Toy Story 2 Blu-ray / DVD Combo pack!

Smiths Deal Scenario:
Toy Story Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack $25.99
Toy Story 2 Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack $25.99
Total = $51.98
Instant Savings: $10
Use two $10/1 coupons as described above
Pay $21.98
PLUS, then you'll have 2 FREE Movie Tickets (valued at up to $8.50 each)!

Toys R Us Deal Scenario:
Toy Story Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack $16.99
Toy Story 2 Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack $16.99
Total = $33.98
Use two $10/1 coupons from above
Pay $13.98
PLUS, then you’ll have 2 FREE Movie Tickets (valued at up to $8.50 each)!

So, I mentioned I had previously decided with my husband NOT to get the movie. But did I get it? It was too good of a deal. I couldn't pass it up! They'll be going in my daughters' Easter baskets. Now I'm looking forward to June 18 for Toy Story 3 to be released! FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment